Monday, Wed, Friday mornings. She has went 4 days now and says that she likes it. The first day she told us that Mrs. Mullen told them they were going to write their names, but they didn't - "She lied to us!!" - She has been so tired - yet is her father because the more tired she is the harder it is for her to sleep!! So she is still singing and talking every night in her room until around 11:00!! Thank goodness naps are still happening at Linnea's. What a character!!
9-20-08
Went to preschool yesterday and it was show and tell day, so she took 2 polly pocket dolls. As we were walking out the door she wanted to make sure both dolls were still in her book bag, so she glanced in and said "yep, Ariel and Tuna are still there!" TUNA! REALLY? Then she told me that she was naughty a little bit and had to sit by Mrs. Mullen during show and tell time because she was bothering Marcus (who we later found out she has a little crush on and asked him to marry her - but he said no :)) Brian said to me "great it's the 5th day of class and she already has to sit by the teacher!" - She told me another day that they went outside to play and she went on the red slide and it went super fast. She went head first and "apparently injured her head!" I could not stop laughing, she was so serious when she talked about her injury. - Tomorrow our little girl will be 4!!!
9-22-08
Birthday is over!! She woke up in the morning and opened presents from us. She loved the island Barbie princess that sang songs and her dress flipped/reversible and of course the mermaid and mermaid dress. When she was done she looked up at us and said "Is my birthday over now?" - She
and grandpas were there. Aunt Sara gave her a beautiful princess dress that she wants to currently wear for Halloween (but we will see - she has changed her mind a hundred times). Grandpa Stan put in a tree swing in the back yard she was so excited and had a great time. - - She went to preschool today and was so excited because she got to wear a crown and was a Queen and line leader and Mrs. Mullen's helper all day. She was overwhelmed with fun!!
9-27-08
We had the Lavitsef parade today and I had on a black Dance Etc tshirt with the white logo and Brynn had a gray one on with a purple logo and Brynn says to dad "Look dad, mom has a white Aunt Sara and I have a purple Aunt Sara!!" We can not believe that she still believes that that logo is Sara!! :)
10-7-08
What a child we have!! I decided to take her to Walmart and walk around the Halloween stuff. This little girl turned a switch in her brain and she looked thru every single costume and never made a comment about any of them UNTIL she reached her pink princess fairy costume. THEN and ONLY then she begged and pleaded that she wanted to be this for Halloween. What an opinionated strong, smart little girl.
10-21-08
Grandma Barb called and said that one of her teeth broke and I hung up the phone and Brynn asked what she said and I told her and she said "Maybe she's getting her big girl teeth like Macy is!" - - What a dancer we have!! She is doing so well with her tap class. She is always in her flowy dress twirling around the house (she really does know what she is doing) and the songs!! What a character!! The princess, queen, king, thing is still her life.....
10-25-08
She has now started this new little trick: When I tell her 1 - 2 - 3, if I say 3 then you don't get it then I start 1 - 2 and she stares at me and says 3!! - What a shit!!
11-2-08
Mornings have recently been a challenge- our child is the most stubborn!! For example the other morning: brushing her teeth, she dances around all over the place, so I tell her over and over to stop and she wiggles and dances more so I am done and tell her to get out of the bathroom. Then she cries that she wants to do it, so I tell her one more chance we will try one more time and that is it so she goes in there I tell her to open her mouth and she clenches her lips together as tight as possible - I tell her 3 x's to open, she doesn't and just stares at me with those lips closed, so we are done again and she cries in her room for an hour because she wants to brush her teeth???? - - - - Then she went to her room to get dressed and I really for some reason thought she was actually getting dressed for like 10 minutes. Then she yells for me like she has a surprise and got dressed. Well, I opened the door and she is sitting on the floor with her pajamas still on with socks not on her feet but only on her 2 big toes!! I COULD HAVE KILLED HER!!
12-1-08
Grandma Barb got us tickets to Disney On Ice and Brynn could not look away - she watched every single second. She says that her most favorite part was the princesses )of course!). The other day I got in a little wreck with Brynn in the car. I slide in to a median and ran in to a sign!! Brynn did not really say anything about the wreck the entire time. We were in the explorer so I don't know if she really knew what happened until we drove by the sign and I showed it to her on the ground - - anyways we went on to Sunday school and I was making another left turn and she yelled from the back seat "look out mom, don't hit the sign!" I said "Brynn I am not going to hit another sign" and she said "mom, you were really close to that sign."
12-6-08
Brynn and I went ice skating for the 1st time yesterday. What an experience. We went for cousin Tia's birthday party in Yankton. The 1st couple of rounds she did ok held on to a little walker and was not really sure of herself. I just kept thinking - this is going to be the longest, most frustrating day - well, by the end of the day she turned into a pro - she was flying around the circle so fast that I could not keep up with her. Most of the time I let her go around by herself!! She would not stop and rest she went 90 mph and laughed the entire time. The last lap she went the entire circle without the walker, she hung on pretty tight to the wall, but she would not let me help her. I was so excited for her. When we were getting her shoes on she said "mom, can I have ice skating lessons I will practice all the time and get better and better cuz I'm a good skater girl!" What a great time and we will have to do it again.
12-12-2008
We went to Brynn's first Christmas program at Little Lambs preschool and she did so well. She sang every song and smiled the entire time. When it was over we had to stop at HyVee and get a few things and Brynn said "Oh no, everyone is gonna look at me" and Brian and I asked why? and she said "Cuz I am so beautiful!!" :)
12-21-08
Ok, here's another good one. Brynn and I were driving home the other night and she asked me where heaven was I explained that it is where God is and where people go when they die. So she asked where is heaven I said I did not know we will find out where it is when we die, so it can be wherever you wanted it to be and she asked if it was in the ground and I said that is where families put the body when you die but the soul goes to heaven so then of course asked - so then the heads of the bodies do not get buried and I said no the head stays with the body and is buried. Then the question What is a soul? So I started to explain, but then we drove by a huge Christmas tree and I just changed the subject. What an unbelievable and grown up conversation!! - - Christmas is almost here. This year has been a little harder getting presents for her as she has "Not decided what she wants and will tell me tomorrow" Barbies are not really her thing - - just dressing up, dressing up, and more dressing up!!
1-7-09
The holidays are over again. Brynns most favorite present was the WII we got from Uncle Brandon and Aunt Sarah. She is so good at it. Bowling, tennis, and
boxing. I can not believe how well she does. We get such a kick out of her. She
is SO in to it. The funniest was Christmas morning and she is opening Santa's presents and she says "Santa's dwarfs did a good job making my toys!! How Fun!!
1-27-09
Grandma Barb picked Brynn up from preschool the other day and she told Grandma that "God knows everything just like my dad, God and dad know everything!" :) - - Personality right now: she is really figuring out how to argue and talk back - she is definitely her mom and dad - - - the hair thing is still in full effect every tangle is a crying disaster - - dancing and being "beautiful" is her #1 priority - - - Mrs. Mullen (her preschool teacher) old her she needed to work on getting her coat on and zipping it up and she had it figured out within 3 days (only a few tantrums during that time - but she got it figured out) - - We are working on tying shoes, she has the first part figured out and really wants to do it, but patience is hard to learn!!
2-17-09
Couple of stories: Brynn came back from preschool the other and told dad that she was sad because "This boy that she kind of loves won't marry me! Marcus always says No Brynn!" :)
I love her!! She is the best little girl and I would never trade my daughter or give up on her ever!!
3-6-09
Brynn was at Jenny's house today and Brynn and Macy were eating lunch and talking and Macy said to Brynn "Princesses are not real" and Brynn replied "how can you say that Macy? I'm right here!!" Jenny called me laughing so hard.. - - We also ended the hair battle. We cut 5 inches off of her hair it is about shoulder length. She was very scared about doing it because no one would know that she is Brynn and she would not be beautiful any more like a princess." I think she does like it. It took a lot of talking, but we think she is the cutest girl in the whole world....
ok, well all of my journal entries have been typed up. So from now on this will be my daily journal - thanks for reading and caring about my family!!
No comments:
Post a Comment