Our Brynn so funny at the way she thinks......she had her 2nd grade Holiday
program for school the other night. Of course getting ready is always a process..curling hair.perfect outfit.perfect shoes.etc..anyways we were off. She did a great job doing all the actions and knew all the songs. At the end of the program the entire school was on stage and they were all being silly and singing away. Then it was over, so I walked down to her seat and she saw me and tears started in her eyes. I just looked at her and said hold it in there are a lot of people around and we will talk about it when we get in the car. She did her best holding it in and we ran to the car. And this is what she says...."mom, on the last song I was dancing and doing these really cool moves and this 1st grade girl was in front of me and turned around and said you look dumb dancing like that! Mom, she hurt my feelings so bad!" Ahhh Brynn, I just said that I thought her moves were perfect and she looked great and I thought that girl just didn't have the best manners and she handled it very well. She just smiled at me and moved on! So funny!!.......then this morning I decided to talk to her about the terrible shooting at the Connecticut school where 27 grade school students were killed. Brynn asked where the guy was that shot them and I said that he shot himself and he died. She asked why he would do that and I said that he probably didn't want to get in trouble for killing the kids and Brynn said "well maybe he just wanted to go to heaven with the kids"...what do I say to that! I don't think that Brynn has processed what suicide is, I have never talked to her about it. Even with Karla she always asked what happened and I always just said she had a bad accident. So this was a big conversation to her!
No comments:
Post a Comment