I have always been curious about starting a blog. I have been a journal writer since I can remember. My plans for this blog are to transfer my journal entries to this blog. I plan on starting about the time that our daughter Brynn was born. Those are important memories that my husband, Brian and I never want to forget....
Monday, July 21, 2014
Summer in Sidney
Well summer is here and I hope the kids have enjoyed staying home with me for once! I signed brynn up for swimming lessons which she wasn't sure of, but we encouraged that it was something she should try. The first day she was very nervous and afterwards she cried and said she was never going back. I asked why and she said because she doesn't know any of the names of the strokes. Apparently the teacher said to do the freestyle so brynn thought that she meant do whatever u want just like in dance class. Nope! Ha! She just felt like the teacher was picking on her etc. But I made her go for the rest of the week and guess what! She did so good that the teacher is going to make sure she tries out for swim team next year! Go figure! And James has become quite the swimmer too! It has really helped that we can go to the pool so much this summer. He wears his goggles and goes under the only problem is that if he sees someone underwater he tries to say hi and then comes up choking! .... We have also been camping quite a bit which the kids have really enjoyed. We go with the Rumseys and Letchers so plenty of kids to have fun with. They even fished the last time and caught fish all by themselves! It is also amazing how fast they get dirty! I clean James face and two minutes later he is black again! I ask him how that happens and he says "don't worry about it mom!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment